»

Jul 29, 2012

On the SOAPBOX

Well, now that my blog is back up and running...we all knew there would be some SOAPBOX posts.

Here goes....

Being opposed to the tenants of faith of any particular group does not mean I am opposed to the people who hold to and live by those tenants of faith.

For example...being opposed to Islamic teaching...does not mean I am opposed to Muslims.

Being opposed to LDS teaching or the Watchtower.... does not mean I am opposed to Mormons or Jehova's Witnesses.

Being opposed to the teachings of secular humanism.....does not mean I am opposed to secular humanists.

Jews who are still eagerly and patiently awaiting the Messiah's arrival...love them!   The ones who could care less...and think it's all a big fairy tale...some of my dear friends.
 
PETA makes no sense whatsoever...but Peta people...there's plenty of great ones out there.

Saving the turtle eggs...while being okay with human abortion...totally ass over backwards...but some of the people who do so are nice...I'm sure. 

The list can go on and on.


Following this logic....being opposed to the ideology of any particular group ...let's say a group who desires to redefine "marriage" (one man/one woman) does not mean I am opposed to homosexuals or polygamists...for example.
 
Surely we can all relate and agree.  Or, am I wrong?????????????

Being opposed to the ideology of a group of people who believe strongly that "marriage" should not be re-defined....does this mean one is opposed to the people who believe it?  

Ephesians 4:15

15 Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will grow to become in every respect the mature body of him who is the head, that is, Christ.

1 comments:

Jeni said...

So glad u r back!!!!!!!!! I love u and ur soap box!