»

Oct 18, 2008

Happy Home Fellowship Birthday Celebration Jenny, Sean, Jemima, and Cate.


We've been together as a group for five years now. We started off larger...but not stronger. With the dwindling....depth and intimacy have developed and continues to develop.

We are going through Respectable Sins by Jerry Bridges.

“The motivation for this book stems from a growing conviction that those of us whom I call conservative evangelicals may have become so preoccupied with some of the major sins of society around us that we have lost sight of the need to deal with our own more ‘refined’ or subtle sins” (p. 9).
_________________________________________

So Far.....so convicting.

Here's a snapshot of Friday evening. I said such and such about this and that...made a pretty good case.... as far as I was concerned. Tim, a man of few words turned from where he was sitting on my living room floor....looked me directly in the eye and said, "I don't buy that."

2 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

That was awesome. This seems to be the best book for right now!!

Thanks for a great bday night!!

Unspeakable Joy said...

nice! i love honest friends!!