»

Oct 16, 2008

Matzo Ball Soup

The celery in my fridge was getting a bit soft....so I pulled it out at snack time.

Then instead of tossing out the leftover leaves and stuff....I threw them in a pot.....added carrots and onions....

....potatoes....

....chicken broth (3 boxes & 1 can) (plus a rotisserie) ....


....and matzo balls (2 jars.)




I made a huge pot because we love soup leftovers around here. Got at least 18 meals out of the batch.....and it cost approx. $25 to make. That's $1.38/meal.

5 comments:

Brenda said...

I have never heard of Matzo balls? What are they like?

familygregg said...

dumplings made of matzo....it's a jewish thing.

Sean's Ladies said...

you are the only person I know that keeps cans of Matzo balls in their pantry....just in case the celery is getting soft. LOL.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

Oh, I LOVE Matzo ball soup! My absolute favorite...yumm...I am now on a search to find me some...

familygregg said...

Chompies is good if you don't want to make your own.

If you make some at home....throw in some egg noodles. That's my favorite.