"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one." Stella Adler
- This was a surreal week for me. Bradley was asked to participate in a table reading of a screenplay for an independent film being shopped around. He and I bundled up (it's chilly in LA) and considered the evening out in Hollywood to be a long overdue date nite. He took to the stage in a small dark theater alongside a dozen or so others...and did his thing. As an audience member...it was a pleasure to see him work. As a wife...it was as well. He's really a good actor. I don't say that because I am blinded by flowery feelings of affection. I say it because it's true. I hope with all my hope that he is given an opportunity to work in the field again. I watched as the co-writer...an actor you would all know...approached him with an introductory handshake and a sincere..."It's nice to meet you, Man. I am a big fan of your work." Bradley was flabbergasted. He has been humbled and has no idea how talented he actually is.
- We hung out afterwords at the Pig n Whistle w/ an old acting friend and his wife. As life would have it...his son...an actor... and our sons have become close friends. We hadn't seen each other in 17 years. Since that time...he has married a woman...an actress...the child of Hollywood royalty. I don't really care about that part of her story...even though it's fun trivia...what I am so pleased about is that.... at long last.... I was in her company. Finally...I could get something off my chest. I seized the opportunity to apologize for something I did to her as a teen-ager...something she had no clue ever happened. You see...Bradley once told me while we were dating that prior to our getting together...he had thought she was cute (their paths crossed in acting class.) One night...in my immaturity and prompted by jealously...I had her removed from an intimate house party in Laurel Canyon. In protection of me...our dear friend...an actor...asked her & her pal to leave....claiming the space was "too crowded." Two decades later....she listened to my confession ...and graciously forgave me. Together we laughed out loud. She is cute.
- I walk into Braverijah's room early one morning to find him on a conference call with Perez Hilton...in regards to a music video he is directing.
- And Today...Mcabe is featured in an Interview story.
- And also......I have had a strong urge to write.
Only God knows.
Prayers please. For protection. Discernment. Wisdom. Guidance. Open doors. And closed ones.
btw.....Mcabe ^^^^^^ is not a smoker. He was in character :)