»

Jan 18, 2013

Self Service

"It is easier to serve than to pour out our lives completely for Him. The goal of the call of God is His satisfaction, not simply that we should do something for Him. We are not sent to do battle for God, but to be used by God in His battles. Are we more devoted to service than we are to Jesus Christ Himself?"

Ozzie



I don't know about you...but I hear a lot of Christ followers going on and on about how much they are doing for the Lord...when in reality...it is themselves they are serving.

Myself included.

I have a soft spot for women in this area.

Ladies...our role is to give the Lord the first position.  He is to be priority #1.  The Lord first and foremost.  If we have a husband...he comes next.  And then our kids.... extended family/friends...church body etc.

If my husband or my kids are being routinely being overlooked or neglected so that I can do the Lord's will.....it's most probably not the Lord's will that I am doing.

The temptation to deceive ourselves in this area is ever present.

And most people would never even notice that we are full of baloney.  

The culture is all screwed up on this one...and by that ...I mean the church culture as well.  





 

1 comments:

Ashasnana said...

Boy, did you nail it, Sweets!