»

Apr 27, 2010

Venice Beach







I've been going down to Venice Beach since 1978. Childhood memories do not arrive to the forefront of my thinking...w/out Venice snipets slipping in. Here we were New Yorkers in California. Roller skating on the beach held it's glittler every single week-end for years and years.

Then, Bradley and I used to live in Venice. One house on Horizon...then an apartment on the sand.

Venice has always been a haven for drop outs...but lately...when I go back...I get a sense that there's been a spiritual shift. For me...the darkness is oppressing. I'm not sure if it's always been this way?????and maybe now I've just got some sort of heightened sensitivity...or if there has actually been a shift??????

1 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

Dawn, I feel the same way about Redondo Beach, where I grew up. Bruce and I have notice in the last few years, it has become a very dark place. Either I just missed it growing up, or it has changed too..bizarre.