»

Mar 12, 2010

Whole Wheat Margherita Pizza

Some days I need to come up w/three meals a day. I can be challenging, I know...so I'm always on the lookout for new ideas. Hope you enjoy some of mine.

I used those whole wheat sandwich rounds you can pick up at any market as my pizza base. They bake up really toasty and they're only 50 calories per.

Spread w/pesto. Drizzle w/olive oil. Sprinkle w/spices. Add fresh sliced tomatoes and shredded mozzarella. Bake at 350 until lightly golden. Pop under the broiler for a few minutes. Sprinkle w/ fresh chopped basil.

3 comments:

familygregg said...

How lame is this post....when much of the world has to come up w/ a way to feed their family on one meal a day....if that?!!!!!!!! I am so freakin' lame.

Kate Taylor said...

I like the post. I appreciate the recipe & will use it! You're funny, not lame.

Erin McFarland said...

loving these recipes you are posting!! keep 'em coming! i need all the ideas i can get around here :) and yes, you are right, we are all so blessed to be able to come up with three meals a day for our families! i need to keep that in mind instead of thinking it's a chore!