»

Feb 4, 2009


I think sometimes about how much we love you guys
which usually makes me think of that day that Sean flopped onto the couch all those years ago
which made Brad think 'this is what best friends do in your house'
which made him think of River
which makes me now think of River and how much you must miss him,
which make me think how much I would miss you guys if something happened to either of you,
which makes me sad because you still feel that void and also sad that he's not here now with all of us.
I think I would have liked him
which makes me think of the fun you had together and the love you have for him
which makes me think of the fun we have together and the love you have for us
which makes me grateful that God has given us friends that love that their friends that much.

I love you.
_____________________________________________

Seriously, when this note came in today, I just cried and cried. Cate has acknowledged with sensitivity and depth the great crushing blow our hearts experienced with River's loss. We do not speak of him often...but he is never far from our thoughts. Years have passed....but not to us. It seems like yesterday...and because I had a glimpse into the heart of my friend and because I know the goodness of my Lord....I hope for time spent together again one day.

I have been given the best of friends by a loving God who works in and through relationships.

1 comments:

Susan G said...

How sweet! You both are wonderful friends! What a great example!