»

Feb 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I am still in my pj's.....haven't gotten out of them all day. It's been quite quiet and cozy around here....a laaaaaaazy lovey day. Watched a fascinating documentary w/my hubby. Actually, we re-watched it. It was just as fascinating the second time around. If you are at all interested in fashion/art/artists.....you should really try to see it (sensitive viewers beware.)


btw.....the following website is so inspiring.....aesthetically.

http://journeys.louisvuitton.com

Speaking of fashion................

As many of you already know....I am a second hand/consignment/thrift store junkie. It all started back when Bradley and I were dating in the mid 80's. Often times, we would find vintage wardrobe pieces for Bradley's auditions and such. We were regulars at the Rose Bowl flea market & Aardvarks on Melrose & Venice Beach.....and the original Urban Outfitters on Canal St. in SoHo. Really, everywhere we went....we looked for and found bargains and treasures. While Brad was filming Madhouse in Tuscon....I would scour the shops near the college rather than be bored on the set......take my purchases to the laundermat and be in my glory with my new wardrobe. Once..... while on a mission trip....in Miami, Oklahoma we hit paydirt! A little Main Street resale shop was having a $2/brown paper bag sale. Bags and bags of awesome clothing for 6- 8 bucks! Close to heaven....that's what that day felt a little like. Buffalo Exchange caught my fancy when we moved to town.....but I have a hard time driving so far when there's great shops close by. Why spend $ on gas when it can go towards a cute shirt? That makes no sense whatsoever.

I think it's fun and a good stewardship of the Lord's resources to second hand shop. I'm not green by any stretch of the imagination.....but if you are....then, buying used will be a great inspiration for you. I promise.....once you start.....you will never go back to retail. Times are few and far between when I pay full price for something. Only if it's marked waaaaaaay down.....like slashed 75%. It's either wholesale or resale for this girl.

I'm going to start posting all of my great finds. It tickles me to find them and I'm hoping they tickle you too. Now, I know there are some out there who either resale shop or want to resale shop but don't talk about it openly. Get over yourself. Life is too short not to share the joy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Please share the names of shops you like! and maybe where they are too! This whole thing seems like such a great idea, but I don't know where to start!
~thanks~

familygregg said...

Me:
My Sister's Closet (awesome w/ multiple locations).......
Savers (best value)......
Goodwill.........
Salvation Army.........
The Attic (crisis pregnancy ministry).......
High Society (great jewelry/ Pat....sweetest owner ever!)

Kids: Puddle Duds (Char/owner is a believer & the sweetest owner ever/higher end brands)....
Small Change (higher end brands). ...
Kid to Kid....(Lynette/owner/Pima Crossing is the sweetest owner ever!)

Google them.........you will be amazed at what you find!