»

May 5, 2008

Home-Educating Thru Highschool

Bria has been co-oping for eight years. Today was his last day ever.

Oh Lord, as we prayed before class this morning...please give the parents of the students who are moving on...and the students themselves...wisdom concerning the plans You have in place for their futures. Please help us to discern Your will.... and to trust Your will.... and to obey Your will.


A few years ago, we were at a loss. Bria thought he wanted to try a traditional highschool setting...and for a moment we considered it...sort of. I had been through a difficult period...losing two babies within a short period of time and weaning another, Zion. Things were challenging RAD wise and I felt somewhat ill equipped to continue on with him. The Lord impressed upon me to offer two options....one a highly academic charter school (Latin etc.) or home and co-op. I knew deep down that Bria would choose the latter....otherwise I truely believe I would not have been given such a burden and conviction to keep him home despite my fears and struggles ....but he needed to have an option at that point in time (or at least think he did :) ) I'm convinced now, as he finishes up his junior year....and moves on to full time community college....that his graduating from home is BEST for him and our family. I am so thankful for all the mothers who have supported him along the way...and all the fathers who have blessed their wives with the gift of staying home...so that they could follow their callings as home-educating mothers. You have made a difference in my life. One of great enormity. And years from now, if they haven't already in their stumbling and fumbling ways, I'm convinced my children will say the same.

I am humbled to think we get to walk this road together.

The Lord does not call the equipped....He equips the called. This is the greatest lesson I have learned at home.


3 comments:

Susan G said...

I am so glad you kept him home and you are such a great example to us "younger kid" mom's! There is hope and light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!!

familygregg said...

The Lord gave me great examples....those a bit further ahead of me...Tamara, Brenda, Sonja, Wendy, Ginger, Helen, Lisa....etc...and even before them...years ago....the Fox Family....the Wheeler family....the Edwards Family....all watched from a distance...all seeds he placed in my path and planted in my heart.

He has been sooooooooo good to me.

Sean's Ladies said...

are you trying to make me cry?? I just want to squish him down and keep him from growing.
,
,
,
:0(
'
'
'