»

May 20, 2008


Brad was at work with the red van. Bria and Mcabe were out with the white van. Therefore, the ladies were in all day.

I was perfectly content to let the girls veg out in front of the boob tube while I got some housework done. A few hours into the afternoon, I came downstairs to find three very lovely macaroni/dry bean art pieces drying on the table. Self starters....self learners....both great qualities I'd like to see developed in ourselves and our kids. Self discipline too. That's a biggie.

Be encouraged. For the Lord can turn our distractions and each and every one of our little failures (it would have been nice and memory building to be making macaroni/dry bean art with them) into moments of inspiration and growth for our kids.

2 comments:

Seven's Heaven said...

the way you keep feeding their minds, the boob tube will hold less and less interest!

Susan G said...

That is so fun for your kids! I love that!!!!!
Missed ya! Been a busy week!