»

May 5, 2010

Just got a text from my girlfriend which read...

......"Tried to play UNO w/some Mexicans today but they kept stealing the green cards...Happy Cinco De Mayo."

We've been through and surrounded by some ridiculous fear & pride (sin) based times of prejudice together.

What she meant by the note was..."Even though you're a white girl....I still love you. It makes no difference, Sister."

Of course she sees my "whiteness"...if she didn't...then she wouldn't be seeing the me the Lord created. But that's just part of what she sees.

Moving past the obvious...sees all of me.

And I know that she knows that she knows that her ethnic ties to the Navajo & Cocopah tribes and her ethnic ties to Mexico don't mean all that much to me...besides the fact that it's super cool that we are one in Christ.

Alright, I also like the fact that she has access to kickass fry bread.

Love her.

0 comments: