»

Jun 2, 2010

It has been a loooooong time since I have posted anything attachment related here on the family blog...but tonight...I simply had to. If you are dealing w/attachment related issues in your home....you are not alone and there are others who understand you and your child.

A long time ago...I told a dear friend that I loved each of my kids enormously and that each one occupied a unique place in my inner most being down to it's very core...but that there was one...who held a "special spot" in my heart...an area where the others do not tread. I know it's because that child has been used to push me into uncomfortable places. Places that have not always been traversed naturally...but supernaturally. Places I must pay very close attention to if I am to learn the lessons intended.

Oh, when that particular uncomfortable spot crosses over and seeps into the comfortable zone! When growth brings rest and peace. When parenting feels like the joyful gift it is! When reciprocal love is the reality rather than the ever illusive dream.

PAUSE my Music Player first.


To all of you who keep this area of our lives covered in prayer...thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you.

1 comments:

Kim Thompson said...

What a great message, Dawn. Especially for me right now and what I am dealing with!