»

Jul 4, 2014

July 4th

We are quite pleased to have a Hobby Lobby open in Burbank today.

To show our support...I bought a picture frame and some art supplies for Zion and some red, white, & blue party things for a BBQ we are going to tomorrow.

The BIG SMILE on my face is in response to learning that the store is CLOSED on SUNDAYS!!!!!!

I believe strongly in civil discourse.

That girl ^ above...although quite beautiful...had no idea what she was talking about.  And she was angry.

The guy...the one hiding up there ^ ...he was loud.  Nothing he shouted made any sense at all.  Illogical at best.  His sign obviously took a lot of work.  I could at least appreciate that.  


Understanding the Biblical concept of not casting pearls before swine...I looked for an open door...cuz...I've found without fail during this walk I'm on with the Lord...that where He guides...He provides.

I might have found one in Medley...


In spite of the noise around us and the rude interruptions ...we spent about a half an hour together.  We had a mutual respect.  We shared ideas.  We made eye contact.  I don't think our voices got too raised.  If they did it was only cuz the enemy did not want us connecting and threw every loud mouthed fool in between us at every opportunity.

The bottom line for me.  When with child...the body inside a woman's body is not her body.  Any drug that is intended to kill a defenseless human body is demonic in nature and conceived in the pit of hell.  Abortion is not health care.  And one person's health care needs does not automatically trump another's religious freedom. 

I tried to explain to Medley that what she is wishing for leads to a very dangerous place & places us all on a slippery slope.

She became emotional and removed herself from the discussion.  I would not let her go though...without a hug.  And well wishes for her desire to have a baby.  She's actually currently trying to become pregnant.

I honestly do not have much of an idea of what was taking place around me while this discussion with Medley was happening.  I'm told...people were filming.  Hopefully something I said...will be planted in a heart somewhere or maybe something I said will be used to water a seed that has already been planted?  Who knows?????

Only the Lord does.

The results of our obedience are never ours to take ownership of or cling to.

Hope.  That's what I have.

A reporter from The Burbank Leader approached as I was headed back to my car.  She asked me a few questions.  Was very polite.  Seemed fair & balanced...level headed.

When I got home...I in boxed her publication.




Here's what ^ that fuzzy part of the message says...



 The publication's response...


 ...I sent them that smiley face with the BIG SMILE in return.

Then I went and got my art piece and framed it with the frame that I bought at Hobby Lobby on July 4th. 





0 comments: