»

Feb 15, 2014

Redeeming Love 11-17


"In the middle of the journey of our life, I came to myself in a dark wood. "

1*  I am so intrigued by the fact that Dante went from the plural to the singular in this quote.   Can't stop thinking about it.  Thoughts?

"You can wear them or walk barefoot.  Your choice.  But you are going with me. "

2*  Why do we fight against what's good for us?

As I read the passage where Michael takes Angel to see the sunrise...I was struck by her fear.  She had a very real physical reaction to the situation.  It made me stop and think about those around me who sometimes have what I feel to be irrational reactions to things.  It reminded me to be mindful and sensitive.

"It's got to be my way or not at all."

Michael's response to Angel's fear reminded me that ...whatever is in the way...is the way.

This thought is reiterated by Angel when she says..."No matter how hard you try, you can't escape the truth."

He couldn't seem to hear the still small voice anymore.

3* Think about the perfect picture of a loving earthly father.  If we could not hear him anymore...hear his instructions...why would that be?  

4* Would those reasons be true about the Lord? 

It was going to be open warfare from here on out.  Well, so be it.  Anything was better than apathy.

My thoughts on this are...apathy is the enemy.

"That way is home.  One mile downhill, fire and food and me.  But you'd better understand something right now.  If you come back, we're picking up where we left off last night, and we're still playing by my rules."  He left her standing in the road.

Yep.  Submission. 

A woman is either a wall or a door, beloved. 

5*  I've been both.  Have you ever repented for being a wall?

"I know what I am.  I never pretended to be anything else.  Not once.  Not ever!"

I love and totally respect Angel's authenticity.

He had to go and get her back.  She was his wife.  Until death do us part. 

6*  Yep.  When we know obedience will bring pain.  When we trust that it is for our good & His glory.  Did the Lord meet you there?     

The mind is it's own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

So true.  And, what we think...we do.  We need our minds to be renewed. 

Let's read Chapters 18-22 by Friday...the 21st.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

2. Because we don't want to admit we are wrong and we need help.

3. There could be division that was caused by the child.

4. If we couldn't hear the Lord its because we have moved from the Lord. We caused constraint.

6. When my family and I moved to LA I had to trust in the Lord and be obedient to Him. He met me and my family so many times throughout these past 3 years living here and He is still meeting us.

familygregg said...

I know when I sin it's because I think too highly of myself. Or I'll think I am right and know better. It is my pride.


Because the child is in sin.

Yes. Because we push away from the Lord.


Yes I'm a wall in stubbornness. I can't seem to get out of it.

He is meeting me there, through family relationships when I cause strife. He is meeting me there through my parents instruction to be patient in mending the trouble I have caused.

Galilee

familygregg said...

1. Maybe he is like all of us...in this thing together...until we are faced with the fact that we are alone in it.

2. We are prideful. We are fearful. We rush ahead. We lag behind.

4. Well, when I don't hear the Lord it isn't cuz He moved. Sometimes I am too loud to hear Him.

5. Yes I always repent for being a wall and then I go and be a wall again. I hate when I am a wall.

6. The Lord never fails me when I obey. And obedience might bring pain but there is peace in the pain. Pain in the offering.

Dawn