»

Oct 31, 2013

The Downward Spiral

5 years ago?  Maybe 6?  Could it be 7?

Bradley and I had already reached out to a handful of elders and pastors at our church regarding our growing concerns.   There were even a few impassioned behind closed doors elder meetings.  Not only were these men our elders...but our employers as well.  And some of them were our mentors/confidantes/friends.

Highly frustrating.  It was a stressful time.  Exasperating to say the least.

I remember shaking while dialing the phone number to Grace Community Church.  I was in the prayer garden waiting for Brad to be finished w/his work for the day...watching our kids run around on the lawn...and whoever was going to take the call was in another state and might very well think I was totally crazy.

The pastor on duty was so patient with me...with my tears and with my shaky voice...and with my ramblings.

I did my best to explain to him why I had a red flag about an elder/teacher in our church who was highly respected in the evangelical world...especially in academic/theological/seminary circles.  I went on and on and on about how a growing idol worship of this man was clouding the clear thinking of our church's leadership and how things were starting to change...for the worse... in our neck of the woods.

He listened.

And that's all.  I don't even know the name of the guy I spoke to.  I do not know if he brought my message to anyone over at GCC's leadership.  I do not know if he was like-minded or not.  I have no idea.

I do know that the Lord NEVER ceases to amaze me.

Be patient, Dear Ones.

HE does not tarry.



John MacArthur Jr.


Lots to ponder.  LOTS of pondering happening over here.


Acts 17:11

0 comments: