»

Oct 8, 2012

October Baby

October Baby is a MUST SEE film.

It was so sweet to be in the room with three young women (who happen to be adopted) while they were processing the truths presented in this story of forgiveness.


 I had the pleasure of watching the delightful, funny, and heart-wrenching movie, October Baby.  This is by far the best Christian film out there.  I was really surprised by how good the story-line is.  I learned a lot of things during the film, but what really spoke to my heart was the forgiveness aspect of the movie.  The main character, Hannah had to learn to forgive her birth mom, her adoptive family, and herself.  Throughout the movie you watch Hannah face her battles and have struggles until she hits a brick wall.  She finally learns that God forgave her for all of her sins and she is able to forgive others.  This tells me that I can forgive anyone who comes my way, no matter our history.  God extended grace to Hannah...so how dare she hold a grudge against anyone, even herself.  Shari Rigby, a family friend, plays the birth mom in the film.  She struggled with forgiving herself after murdering her own child through abortion.  October Baby is a must see film.  I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a tear-jerker movie. - Jemima Gregg


Oh how I love October Baby! It is a tear-jerker.When I began watching the movie, anger built up inside me. What was I angry about? Who was I angry at? Hannah! I was angry about how disrespectful Hannah was to her family when she learned that she was adopted. I didn't understand Hannah's anger towards her father. I was adopted at the age of three and have been so thankful that my parents welcomed me into their home. After watching the movie, I realized where Hannah is coming from. She lived 19 years without her parents telling her about her birth. So Hannah believed she was lied to this entire time. Now she has questions with no answers to them. As to me, I've know my whole life that I was adopted. Thinking about it though, I can understand and might be angry and hurt if I didn't know. At the end Hannah learns that her parents wanted the best for her. She learns to forgive them and their friendship begins to grow. Hannah also exchanges bitterness for forgiveness in regards to her biological mother. Lastly, Hannah learns to not dwell on the things of the past but to look to the future. This is why I love the movie so dearly! - Cassandra Wilde  

October Baby is a Christian movie that is life changing. The film has heartache, resentment, hatred, grief, pain, love, and forgiveness. The main character, Hannah finds out that she is adopted. Because she is a survivor of a failed abortion she has depression, and other health problems. Hannah is determined to find her birth mother on a road trip with her best friend, Jason. After learning from the nurse who helped the abortion doctor that Hannah had a twin brother who also survived with an arm torn off and brain damage... but sadly died 4 months later...Hannah felt heart broken and guilty that she pulled through and he didn't. Hannah finds her birth mother, Cindy, who can't face the truth, doesn't want her, and pretends to be clueless or have any recollection of her. Hannah needs to learn to forgive her birth mother for not wanting her, and trying to kill her and for killing her brother. She needs forgive her parents for hiding the horrible news of her early childhood. On her journey, she realizes that she has been forgiven therefore she should forgive others. Convicted, Hannah places a note, saying "I forgive you" on Cindy's desk and is relieved as she is ready to walk into new life. Upon reading the note, Cindy cries because she knows it is time to face the truth. I about just died when I saw Cindy have her break through and accept forgiveness. I loved seeing the love Hannah's family shows her. She herself learns to love and forgive. This movie is about a girl finding out who she really is and learning to accept it. I love this film October Baby! - Galilee Gregg

Shari Rigby...the film's birth mother is a dear friend.  I had the privilege of attending a fundraiser for East Los Angeles Pregnancy Center where she was the keynote speaker.


Shari's testimony is one of healing and forgiveness found in Christ.  Post abortive herself, she shares authentically about her journey out of shame...and delivers a message of hope.

Shari's story.

and More here.


One of our daughters got up the nerve ask a very serious question last night.  It's been a season of intense ponderings lately...but this inquiry went very, very deep.  "Mom, could I be the survivor of a failed abortion?"

long pause

"It's possible because of your low birth weight...but we do not have that information."  

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........so maybe?"

"Probably not..... but maybe."


I cannot think of a more redeeming and life affirming way for the girls to spend their time than volunteering at our very own local Crisis Pregnancy Center.


Psalm 139:14 

I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.















0 comments: