»

Sep 28, 2012

Politics

So recently....I was made aware of the fact that while over here at our home....2 children...other than my own (alongside 3 of my own) partook in a activity that was not so lovely.  Led by Jemima...the kids had printed out photos of  President Obama...and added in magic marker...not so "nice" comments about his policies.  One or two of the comments moved into personal areas. 

When I first became aware of the fact....I reminded the kids that .......even though we think this or that about his choices.......he is still our  President...our Commander in Chief and that his office...requires our respect.

2 of them were convicted.  They hesitated.

My 3 were not in that group.  

A few weeks ago...I posted something on facebook that crossed a line.  I knew that it did when I posted it...but I posted it anyway.   Darn it....cuz at it's core it HAD A POINT!

A friend of mine from college...a white house political speechwriter (liberal) ...called me out on it.  She was right.  I was wrong.  I was convicted.  I told her so and I took my post down.

Well...here we are a few weeks later...a few weeks closer to the elections....and DARN IT!!!!!!!!  I am doing it again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comments:

Wendy Petta said...

You crack me up! I love your boldness & spunkiness....