»

Dec 16, 2009

Inglorious Basterds


I am gonna go ahead and say that this is a Must See Film for those of you who can handle Quentin Tarantino style wartime violence and things that go with it. The actors are brilliant...especially, Christoph Waltz as Col. Hans Landa. Diane Kruger is flawless as Bridget von Hammersmark. And, Melanie Laurent is quite beautiful as Shoshanna Drefys..a Jewish girl who gets to change the course of history.

Mike Meyers took me by surprise. And how many times I laughed out loud... did also.

The opening farm scene is flawlessly executed...much much tension...and the closing theatre scene is off the charts insane.

____________________________

Seems like a contradiction to some...I know. A home-educating, Christ following mother...watching and recommending a film like this.

Clearly defined lines drawn between good and evil....

...I have no problem with it.

That got me to thinking...if given the opportunity, would I have put an end to Hitler's life?

That got me to thinking about Deitrich Bonhoeffer and how much I stand behind his (and others) plot to do so.

And that got me to thinking more.....about how the enemy of our souls is really crafty and how he tempts us to get ourselves worked up into tizzies about all sorts of things we shouldn't be having problems with while at the same time distracting us from the things we should be troubled by.

This film is brilliant.

2 comments:

Integrity Singer said...

as a RAD mom, I have a different understanding of why Hitler was they way he was. Doesn't excuse his unconsionable behavior, just humanizes it.

BTW, my father was born in a worker camp two weeks after WWII ended. Polish refugees. His mother and he came to the states in '51. A church in Illinois sponsored their boat fare to the states. My father's paternity is unknown but it is suggested that my grandmother was taken advantage of by a German soldier while she was in the camp.

Mrs. Spice (Holly) said...

I've come out of my drug induced recovery to say....I love you for this film recommendation. I consider myself a rare bird...one who can watch a Tarantino film and filter out the violence and language to see genius on the screen. I could go on....but I keep typing and misspelling and deleting and retyping. Back to bed.