»

Jun 30, 2008

It's Gettin' A Little Windy Over Here


Sun and Wind On The Roof
John Sloan

Just this week....Meniere's Disease, 2 new tires, a new pool motor and pretty serious water damage. Add that to ongoing relationship difficulties...yadayadayada....... and yesterday's sermon is ringing in my ears. I'm asking the Lord to reveal my fears so that I might renew my focus. I've been singing.....

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus.
Look full in his wonderful face.
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim...
In the light of His glory and grace."

.......over and over. And every time one of the kids loses their focus and turns something into an idol.....I sing it to them.

I'm reminded of something Billy Graham said once...."I can't see the wind..... but I can see the affects of the wind."

Oh Lord, please help me to see You alone through life's little gusts and pesky dust devils.

FEAR (Matthew 14:26. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were frightened, saying, "It is a
ghost!" And they cried out for fear.)

FORTITUDE (Matthew 14:27. But immediately Jesus spoke to them saying, "Take courage, it is I. Do not be afraid.")

FOCUS (Matthew 14:29. And he said, "Come!" And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came
toward Jesus.)

FORGETTING (Matthew 14:30a. But seeing the wind....)

FEAR (Matthew 14:30b.....he became afraid.)

FAITHLESS (Matthew 14:31. And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him and said to him, "O you
of little faith, why did you doubt?")

FAITH (Matthew 14:33. And those who were in the boat worshipped Him, saying, "You are certainly God's Son!")

1 comments:

C said...

Thanks for the comment. You had so many blogs listed on your profile, I wasn't sure where to respond! LOLOLOL