»

Apr 29, 2008

The girls studying at 7:15 yesterday morning for their.....Literature Final.


The problem is....they left the studying till the morning of the test. One got a c- and the other got a c+. Lots of vocab and big words too....plus they weren't really into the book..... The Westing Game..... so, no surprises. Galilee was so cute. She ran up to me at co-op and said, "Well, I guess I will be re-taking this!" That's the way I've chosen to train them from the beginning...we strive for mastery. Most days anyways :)

I remember bombing all sorts of tests/assignments and just moving along.....never correcting errors when I was in school. A big fat red C (usually Math related ) would come back and I would shove it into the back of my binder...never to be seen or heard from again.

The funny thing is....it's the last book of the "official" year. The kids have Spring fever. I have Spring fever. I might've just been a little bit tempted to let this one slide???? Maybe. But my daughter pushed me towards BEST.

2 comments:

Susan G said...

yeah, my kids said to me today "why do we even do school?".....NICE! Oh well, the last thing I want to do is school today!!!!!

familygregg said...

I'm so happy you are coming over to play this afternoon though.