»

Dec 10, 2007

December 2nd, 1928


"Perhaps we have thought so much of God as love eternal and we feel the warm pleasures of Christmas when he comes gently as a child. We have been shielded from the awful nature of Christmas and no longer feel afraid at the coming near of God Almighty. We have selected from the Christmas story only the pleasant bits, forgetting the awesome nature of an event in which the God of the universe, it's Creator and Sustainer, draws near to this little planet, and now speaks to us. The coming of God is not only a message of joy, but also fearful news for anyone who has a conscience."

2 comments:

Sean's Ladies said...

I love this book! It makes me want to read it again!!

familygregg said...

And it seems new each time! I'm so happy to have found my copy. I'm devouring it.