»

Jun 8, 2007

i want the whole world to know...



Well here I am…it’s a blog bust-in. First off, I will respect the fact that sometimes I am a little too melodramatic and often too poetic in my writing…so I will try not to go there. I won’t write about...blue leaves or holding hands while walking through SoHo in the rain. I will though…straightout write about how truly dear my wife is to me…and to the many others who are so blessed to have her in their lives. I am so inspired and grateful for Dawn. A blessed man am I! Hallelujah...You know what I mean? So anyway, it hit me…as she consistently posts on this thing here, always celebrating and honoring the kids and I…I had this thought…”what about her”? “What about Dawn”? Could I bust in to the blog and leave just a quick note to celebrate and honor my dear wife? You see an email came to my attention…an email Dawn received the other day. It was an encouraging glimpse. I witnessed one of those moments where God allows one to realize some fruit…a revealing of an outworking within His whole process…it was validation…a confirmation of ministry. You see, Dawn received this email that truly affirmed her efforts and it touched her heart. God gave her one of those moments. I witnessed her deep breath of relief…I saw her realize that she is doing some good and that it is all, oh so worth it. She was blessed with evidence…some peace in trusting…some peace in knowing that it is all going according to His mighty plan. I think God uses moments like these to inspire us and move us forward…motivation to press on. God is so good to us in this way…as He blesses us with these pats on the back. I just want to pat her on the back too. The email spoke of the gifts my wife has been blessed with, her talent, her parenting, her heart, her sharing, her style and excellence. And with a thankful heart the email also expressed that Dawn is indeed ministering. I want to echo these complements loudly and let my beautiful wife know that she blesses us all daily and that her efforts and example do not go unnoticed. She is mesmerizing. I know her legacy is grand. We just celebrated our 17th anniversary and I am still so honored to call her my bride. She is still that beautiful girl with the sparkling eyes, the one that I was so nervous to ask out for the first time…the one who’s upper lip quivers and puckers up when she cries (she looks so cute when that happens). The one…period! I want her to know that she is valued and that she is loved. I want her to feel safe and protected forever. I love you Dawn…and I want the whole world to know.

Your blessed husband and blogbuster…
Brad

6 comments:

familygregg said...

honey, you are my knight. i love you.
me

A Musing Mom said...

How beautiful. How true. So glad you "busted in." That was truly special!

Sheena Christine West said...

"I know a girl
She puts the color inside of my world
But she's just like a maze
Where all of the walls all continually change
And I've done all I can
To stand on her steps with my heart in my hands"

Seven's Heaven said...

I am honored to know her and would like to know her more. Your children are blessed because of what you two share, as are we. Thanks Brad

Sean's Ladies said...

Oh, Bradley, your words brought tears of agreement and of gratitude. She is all this and more. I am so blessed that my friend has such a loving, expressive and thoughtful husband. Your words, I know, have brought safety, protection and encouragement to her heart. You are amazing.

Anonymous said...

This is just so beautiful.

Wow.