»

Sep 16, 2010

This truth hit me hard this week.

When we are hurt by something/someone...validation of those wounds goes a long way in the healing process.

We have trouble healing when we are not heard. When our wounds are dismissed... ignored...justified away...mocked.

How many times, Lord have I made it more difficult for my children to heal and grow because I wasn't willing to validate them due to my own arrogance and pride?

When conviction comes...repentance follows...then trust....and restoration.

Thank you, Lord for gifting me with children who know how to forgive.

Parenting...not for the faint of heart.

2 comments:

Legal Hound said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A Musing Mom said...

I'm taking a giant risk sending this........

I haven"t checked in in a long time. Dawn, you are a beautiful person with a pure heart. You should not be shouldering such heavy trial, but if you are, you need to ask why? People are in different places at different times in their lives - it is not personal.......it is pure survival. I speak from my heart. You have traversed a different journey than most......and have found your peace.....but not really. You can place it all in a bucket. Myself....still searching for the bucket that makes me whole. Haven't quite found it yet. What I do know is that your heart is pure and that I will love you forever. I don't like to see you struggle and I hate that I am not there for you. My heart is reaching out. The heart never forgets.
I love you and I hope that all is well.
Debbie