»

Mar 2, 2007

A+


8:30-9:30 fruit for breakfast...chores (beds, laundry, vacuuming, dishes.)
10:30-11:30 Mad Science Dry Ice Co-Op Class at the library (computer time for Zion. When I pick up a copy of Harper's Bazzar...two well meaning moms of adorable toddlers pass knowing glances...I am one of "those" mothers who's more concerned about fashion than I am about reading to my own daughter...and on Dr. Seuss's birthday nevertheless!!!!!!
12:00-12:30 Large double cut cheese pie and and antipasto salad at Rays Famous Pizzeria.
12:45-1:30 2nd library visit of the day (different branch) to pay off late fees/return titles and borrow more. When Galilee is asked by the librarian what her least favorite subject is...she doesn't really want to say...because her "teacher" is standing right there. After realizing that I already know the answer to the question she manages.... "well...... math is my enemy."
We're interrupted by a fire drill...which is sort of like a mini field trip for us...nice surprise.
2:00-3:30 Math (after 7 years of home-educating I'm still "in the Saxon box"...as long as we get one lesson a day done, mama's happy.)
3:30-5:30 Mcabe, Galilee, and Zion play outside with the neighbor kids.
3:30-5:30 Jemima melts down over Math and Language Arts corrections...forgets how to hold a pencil...declares she has no idea how to spell...cries when I tell her to get her act together...and eventually finishes her work...neatly,
without error or drama...in an honoring way. I write SUPER STAR at the top of her paper and she smiles.
5:30-6:00 roasted vegetables and orange slices for a snack.
6:30 Bradley and Bria arrive home after a day at the office together and working out at the gym (Bria squeezed in a guitar
lesson and kinda sorta read over one of his writing assignments but didn't actually do it.)
The rest of the night: cereal or bagels and cream cheese for dinner....there's always leftovers (pasta with norwegian meatballs and brown gravy...or that double-cut pizza.)
I'm already bathed and in my pj's...ready to sit with my hubby and kids and watch a movie. I like Fridays.


Goals Met: Day spent with family...interacting with multi-aged students...adults in the community..eating well...exercising our intellects and bodies. Building spiritual character and... relationships.

0 comments: