»

Nov 7, 2012

Proverbs 22:6

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it."

Although this is not a promise...it is a Biblical principle and the truth it holds within it has brought me encouragement today.

I am so grateful for the calling on my life to home-educate.  I could not be more pleased with the Lord's dealings with me on this matter.

One of the sweetest memories I will take away from Election Night 2012 is the fact that 8 young Bible believing men showed up at our home last night...alongside our 5 kids...and white knuckled the results alongside us.  The ninth boy who came drives me up the wall with his "progressive" ideas...but I was happy to see him in between wanting to shake some sense into him. 



I yelled a bit.  I screamed...kicked and carried on.  They got to see me in rare form.
I will never forget their disappointed faces.  The blank stares of some first time voters.

And sweet Zion...when she woke up this morning..she sat on the couch collecting her thoughts.  "Wait...was I dreaming or is Barack Obama still our president?"

"He is," I responded. 

A little while later I found an exhortation that she had posted on the refrigerator door. 








0 comments: